Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wet Cats and Christmas Cookies

First of all, let me say that I arrived in Norway after a very long 8 hour layover in London.  If right now you are thinking to yourself, "Man, I would love to be in LDN for 8 hours" then stop it.  I was in Heathrow for what should have been about 6 hours on no sleep, and it was about midnight (Central Time) when I arrived, and it was 8am (Central Time) when I departed.  Needless to say that I was tired to the point of hallucination.

The wind was apparently bringing a storm all the way from England, across the North Sea, and to Norway's front door.  This storm was knocking planes off course, and because of that, I had a total of 8hours on my layover.

Ida was a bit nervous because British Airways didn't really update their website with the latest information, so she was very anxious by the time that I arrived.

On a friendlier note, the passport control person this time around was actually very nice.  The very first time that I entered Norway, the passport control officer was a bit rude....I think that an American man had dumped her in the past, and she was jaded towards me when I mentioned my Norwegian Girlfriend.  
This time around, the officer simply asked why I was in Norway, asked me about my other stamps and visas, and asked how long I was going to stay in her country.  She was very understanding and when I mentioned that Ida's mother is a police officer, she immediately stamped my passport in the understanding that harboring an illegal immigrant is not something that an officer would ever do.

Ida and I arrived at her apartment and almost immediately fell asleep.  luckily, because of the plane's delay, combined with the train rides to her appartment, it was about evening when we crashed, so that means that my internal clock is correct with daylight.  Woo! something went right.

In the morning, I had my traditional Norwegian frokost (that's breakfast) and we headed on over to her parents place.  They were cross-country skiing when we arrived, so we dropped by her grand-parent's place for christmas cookies and coffee.  Both were excited to see me.  Lisa-Lotte and Silvano arrived later after skiing and we all sat and talked for a while.

When we retired back to the main house, Ida wanted to give her fluffly cat "Oscar" a bath....and with all of that extra kitty fur, all wet....he was quite the sight to see. (pictures coming soon).

Well that brings us up to date, except for the super bowl....which I do not really care about. sorry to all of you who give a crap.  I will post pictures of the apartment in the near future, and will continue to post on this blog.

Ha det bra!

No comments:

Post a Comment