Saturday, February 19, 2011

Horse Rides and Puzzle Pieces

Ida has been doing work for a common friend in the town of Ski.  In exchange for her services, Ida is able to ride the friend's horse twice a week.  Ida has gladly taken up the work as she will always have a special place in her heart for horses.


On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have been going with her to her college, and while she is in class, I am improving my Norwegian by reading more books.  Then we usually go and take care of the horse, and then we go back to the apartment.

Ida is offically hooked on the series, "LOST"  and we watch episodes infrequently as our days allow us to.

In the evenings, we usually cook supper and then relax for a while.  She finishes homework, or works on research, or we just relax in front of LOST.  But on one night, I got out a puzzle that she and her brother had as kids, and I completed it in one sitting.

Tonight, we are back at her mother and father's house in Spydeberg.  We just picked up a package in the mail.  The contents were her new headphones (with a lifetime guarentee).  and the new D-Link DIR-600 Router which I have already hacked.  We will use it as a repeater for the wireless in the apartment, because as of right now, we have to be in the bathroom to get any internet.

That's all for now.  I will post more in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I am proud of your accomplishments in learning Norwegian also. Good for you! It is not an easy language. I'm glad your experience in Spanish has helped you know how to learn another language.
    And
    I am happy for Ida that she gets to ride a horse a couple times per week. That never gets out of your blood. I was just telling people this weekend that she rode in competitions in the past, representing Norway. They were quite impressed.
    I'll bet you are glad you don't have to be in the bathroom anymore to get internet.
    Ida and your dad will have Lost in common. I will mention it to him, as I don't know if he checks this blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey and I were obsessed with Lost and finished it this last summer. I will not give away the ending, although it was CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete